Skip to main content

Sore. Everywhere.

I can't believe June is almost over!

It literally feels like it just started but here we are, it's June 26th Monday afternoon and it's almost July. I'm not going to get ahead of myself just yet though - let's go back into time. To Saturday morning to be exact. *insert rewind sound here*

Woke up, got dressed and headed to boxing. IT WAS AMAZING. First I had a brief tour of the place and then we started the warm up. Until the teacher arrived, we are to jump rope. Once the instructor arrived our warm up was either doing the following exercises WITH the rope or without (I gladly did them without the rope): butt kicks, high knees, jumping jacks x2 - people with the rope did cross overs and I honestly can't remember. Now that it's Monday the rest of the exercises for the warm up seem like a blur.

After warm up our group was split up into 2 groups - one group with the bags and the other group was in the ring. Once I heard I was in the ring I wasn't happy - because I thought we would be fighting! However this was not the direction we went into. We wrapped our hands up and practiced our form - pivots and what not. Then we proceeded back upstairs to circuit training - planks, pull ups, push ups, battle ropes, and a few others. 30 seconds of each exercise before switching with your partner a total of 12 exercises and well worth the pain. No pain no gain right? FINALLY we were onto the punching bags - This was my favourite part. Couple combos and then the burn out.

The class is supposed to be an hour. When 12 o'clock came around I was like YAHOO! I can finally wipe the sweat from my face and neck and be done with it. But nope - that was not on the agenda not yet anyways. We headed back upstairs, grabbed our mats and did some core exercises. My body was not having it. My upper body is super weak - I think this week I'm going to focus on upper body .. well at least for a couple of days until my next boxing session - which I already booked for THIS THURSDAY! It was hard work but it went by fast and I had fun sweating it out.

By the time I got home, my body was shaking even while I showered! I've never worked out that hard for that to happen.

Saturday afternoon we went to a family BBQ and the steaks were amazing. Long story short it was a lot of socializing and had a few drinks - keep this in mind - a few drinks! We were on our way back to my parents when I realized the house number was calling and I had just missed the call as we pulled up into the drive way. I WALKED and somehow my flats caught with the stone step and down I went. Let me clarify - my knees fell on the TOP step so I fell up the stairs. My god it was painful. I didn't want Jack or my mom to notice so I hurried up the next step and headed inside to make sure my pops was okay (he would have been calling) - everything was fine though - he just wanted to make sure we didn't forget to come home. So now my right knee is scraped, a little cut and definitely bruised.

Calves and triceps/biceps are sore from boxing and my knees are hurting from my fall. Is this what it's like to be 30? I'm slowly falling apart. Yesterday I could walk a bit but not very much. I called it my rest day.


Flash forward back to today - here's my mid morning snack - lettuce with vegan and organic Greek vinaigrette. Lunch itself today was leftover chili from last week with greek yogurt and more lettuce on top! And considering right now it's pouring - I don't think I'll be going for a walk outside. Looks like I'll be meal prepping my santa fe chicken and doing weights in between prep work and the actual cooking. As my mom would say, this is perfect weather for the ducks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide