Skip to main content

Five days have passed

and I've been doing grrrrrrrrrrreat!

5 Days ago I posted 3 easy changes for my lifestyle and what can I say, I'm rockin' this change. Although Thursday was Meha's Mehndi and I had 1/3 cup of vodka/pineapple juice - which I don't count because it was less than a shot's worth of alcohol. My water intake is through the track. Literally. It goes in, and comes out. By 1 pm in the afternoon, I'm already at 3L. Bonus: my brother who is my boss drinks a ton of water so every time I notice him drinking water, it's an additional push for me.

As for meals, I have not been living like the quote. My dinner has been healthier but definitely not a smaller portion. Like last night for instance, mama biss made salmon (my first EVER experience trying it) and it was deeeeeeeee-lish (also accompanied the dish with sweet potato fries and sesame ginger salad). But at the same time, I double booked myself for a dinner with mama stew (mother in law) for wings - I was so full from my first dinner I could only have 2 wings ... and yes, I had a glass of wine. She ordered a bottle! It's not like I could let her finish a bottle to herself on a weekday.. I'm such a kind person in that way..

So two out of three isn't bad, right? Right.

This is my unappealing lunch - leftover sesame ginger wild green salad with orange pepper and green onions.

Afternoon snack: Blueberries, blackberries and strawberries

I can't blog anymore today. This lady is talking loud into the phone right by the office and it's driving me absolutely bonkers. I'm going to go for a walk for the last 15 minutes of my lunch break.
I literally cannot concentrate and it's driving me INSANE.
Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide