Skip to main content

- 9? It doesn't feel like -9

As I stood waiting for the bus this morning in the shelter, I thought to myself, DAMN it's friggen cold out. I'm wearing (2) pairs of gym leggings, a tank top, a long sleeved shirt and a cozy sweater with a burly winter coat, thick mittens, a toque and a layered scarf around my neck. All bundled up and yet I could feel the wind coming in at all directions. It's definitely not -9 C with the wind. I'm finally on the bus and in a blink (so it felt like) I was at my stop. I just missed the crossing if I was going to take another bus to the office building - which I really, really wanted to. However, I haven't been to the gym in 4 days and I haven't walked at all - so I'm way behind on my fitbit challenges - so I fought the cold and walked to the building. It's about a 5 minute walk. Pretty much nothing but in the cold it feels like forever.

Speaking of the cold and winter, I can't even complain. We had days where it was + 10 and in the double digits! Shocking for Canadian weather. This year we didn't have as much snow as previous years. And to be honest, it hasn't even been THAT cold. There are just some days where its feels like its freezing (and the wind chill does not help in any way) and other days where it's nice enough to wear my running shoes outside and enjoy the sun on a lunch break walk. It's been gorgeous. I hope people aren't complaining about today's weather.

As for myself, I'm just hoping we get more sun soon. My body is starting to feel it. Yesterday I ate relatively healthy - minus the wine I had but other than that pretty good. Lack of sun makes me feel exhausted (yes I know about my previous post stating that I feel like crap when I eat bad food and no, I don't expect a change after 1 day) but I'm just missing my vitamin D. Like I said before, I was visiting my parents on Tuesday. Mom wanted to test some make up application to cover some scars on my arms and I was dozing off. I could not keep my eyes open. I ended up taking a nap and waking up an hour later. It was so nice. Doesn't help that Jack and I have been going to bed at 11 / 11:30pm. My kind of bedtime is 9:30 / 10 pm. We've been indulging in re-watching Community on Netflix.

So I've noticed my metabolism is back down again (darn it). I haven't been super hungry like I usually am. This is why I can't wait to get back to the gym. Monday night I was a bit bad and indulged with a glass of wine and 2 beers with wings, salad and sweet potato fries.
Tuesday .. yesterday.. and I don't know why it feels like that was days ago but like I said I was rather good. I started my day off right with a protein shake then as the day continued and my stomach was rumbling I had 1 1/2 clementine. By the time lunchtime rolled around I was devouring a protein bar (Tuesdays are our clinical days with patients until 2 pm - it's not like you can run off, heat up your lunch and eat with your mouth full and converse with patients). After the boss left, I ate some of the food that was brought for him - 1 piece of lollipop chicken, rice with veggies and some broccoli in a sauce. At my parents place I arrived HUNGRY so I had a couple bites of this chicken / rice / peaches dish (also brought this for my lunch so I'll show then) and then for dinner was a BBQ poutine with beef, peanut butter soup (totally vegan) and mom topped it with some peanuts. I was FULL!

Anywho - time to get back to work. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide