Skip to main content

Who else takes the bus?

I don't have my license. Not my full one anyway. I have my G1 and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Sometimes when people ask me why don't I drive well here it is.. THE BUS IS EASILY ACCESSIBLE. Sure it's not 100 % convenient; especially in the winter time but it gets me to my destination.

Sometimes I have to wait. Big deal, then I can walk a bit - get those steps, you know I'm always about my FitBit steps. If it's winter time I can stay warm by walking to the next bus stop or the one before and beat the people that are at my current bus stop! Plus, I see some pretty wacko people on the bus and it gives me time to people watch.

Like this one time I was on the bus and this woman got on wearing a BLANKET. Now don't get me wrong, it is winter, I get that but wearing a blanket? All I wear is my gym clothes but have I fallen out of the fashion loop so fast that I didn't recognize that it's cool now to wear a blanket instead of a jacket? And then I got to thinking, well Anna.. maybe she's sick. She's so sick she's not thinking right and she has to get medicine for herself. The only reason I would leave my house wearing a blanket would be if I was ill. FYI I would also be wearing my pjs. But this lady was not. I brought this sight to Kristina and Jack and Jack's argument was: maybe she can't afford a jacket. That would be super sad. However, a bus pass in Toronto is about $142.00 PER MONTH. Can a winter coat (a crappy one) be more than that? Mind you a coat has a zipper. This blanket did not have pockets or a zipper like a coat. This happened about a month ago and yet I'm still talking about it because it boggles my mind.

Another time while WALKING to the bus (and this happens almost EVERYDAY) I notice this man of Asian decent standing at a nearby corner. He's talking loudly and making the motions as if he's directing traffic. Close your eyes (and have someone read this to you so you can visualize what is happening here). A man is standing at an intersection, on the corner, yelling to cars and telling them which direction to go and how fast to go / or slow while the traffic lights are working. Cars that are pulling into the Tim Hortons are being yelled at by this insane man. Their windows are up too .. and I'm almost positive they can hear this guy. It's quite a sight. I haven't seen him in a few days but I guarantee you I will see him once Spring has sprung.

And just now I have Kristina texting me of another crazy guy banging on the bus shelter yelling on the phone. Unique people out there. Maybe they see something that we don't see. Makes life interesting, y'know?

Long story short, I don't mind taking the bus. It makes my life interesting - and I have stories for the dinner table almost every night - not all of them are nuts but I usually do my fair share of people watching. I should get my license though. Life is full of surprises and unfortunately unpredictable in case an emergency occurs - I can't depend on the bus. This summer goal: I will get my G2. CROSS YOUR FINGERS! And as usual, stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide