Skip to main content

Feeling the routine.

My friends that know me, are quite aware I am a routine person. I pretty much have my days planned out at least a week in advance - whether it be food, exercise, activity, seeing a friend / planning etc.. it's in my phone calendar. If I broke or lost my phone I would become the whiniest little b*tch.. I honestly have no idea what I would do. My daily routine will now be to log my exercise + all meals in my calendar then I will log it on the blog (so no mishaps of forgetting)

So I'm looking at my phone and checking the dates I haven't blogged. Seems I haven't written in since Saturday and yet I didn't write about what I did, and what I ate. Trust me, if I didn't write down my workouts and food plan in my phone I wouldn't have a clue (which is why I can't really give exact amounts and what not for Saturday night and Sunday)

Saturday I had to come into the office for a bit. Even though I did not AT ALL go to the gym, I knew I had to. I can't not go to the gym and expect to see a difference with my body. You have to make the effort to SEE the effort. So I got my butt out of bed early (for a Saturday morning) .. let me just rant for a couple sentences.

MY GYM LOCATION IS SUPPOSED TO BE 24 HOURS. I don't know about you but to me that means it's open ALL the time. I get there at 7:25 am and it's closed. Open at 8:00 am.. Forgive me but I'm a little confused. Was there new times introduced since I went to school? Is 59 o'clock existing or something stupid like that? Am I not in the loop? Again, it was a bit of a frustration and annoyance. The good news is that I got my cardio before entering the gym. Looped around an empty plaza for 30 minutes before someone came and opened up the first set of doors (great now I get to wait for 10 minutes with strangers before the second set of doors are open).

Finally the doors opened and I went straight for the machines. Worked out my triceps, biceps, back and shoulder muscles oh and chest too
4 sets of 8 -
Lat pulldown: 3 set at 45 lb, 1 set at 45 lb
Chest press: 20 lb
Tricep extension: 30 lb
Bicep curl: 2 set at 30 lb, 2 set at 20 lb
Pectoral fly: 30 lb
Deltoid: 2 sets at 35 lb, 2 set at 20 lb
Seated row: 35 lb

+ 20 minutes stationary bike

After the workout, I went to the office for some things then out with a couple friends for wings, salad and wine. LOTS of wine was consumed. Well not at the restaurant - there I only had 1 glass. Kristina and I as luck would have it left the restaurant just in time to miss the bus. I tell you that ALWAYS happens to us. We always say "next time lets walk to the other bus stop so then we can catch the express" .. but we never do. So that was God / fate punishing us.

We get to my place, open up some pinot and the rest was history. Not really, we actually got into talking, watched RIVERDALE 😊😊😊😊 and then played Just Dance. I got additional steps! Next time I need steps and the weather is crap, I'm going to embarrass myself and play Just Dance. Close the blinds you say / think.. no sorry not an option. Unfortunately at my house we don't have blinds or curtains so the neighbours get to see me dancing like an idiot. I don't mind though, moving your body is still exercise and I'm getting my steps.

That pretty much summed up my Saturday. I slept in on Sunday, had a 'hungover' drink of wine and a 1/4 of Jack's beer. I made some stuffed peppers too. If you google stuffed peppers cooking time DO NOT CLICK THE LINK that says '30 minutes at 350' because it's a lie. My red pepper wasn't cooked - thankfully you won't die from eating a raw red pepper. After I made the stuffed peppers I packed away some vegetarian stew for mom plus some extra stuffing (I made way too much). Mom mentioned she has peppers and hey, she only held me in her womb for 9 months then raised me and fed me - the least I could do is send her some vegetarian stuffed pepper mix

(Literally it's Yves ground 'meat', organic tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, pepper and brown rice) The simple things in life are the best. Not like I'm going to force my nutrition and lifestyle on someone but I am proud of myself when I do well in the kitchen.

I don't know how my sister does it but she has three boys. I went to my mom's place on Sunday - and thank goodness Kristina and I didn't drink all the wine because by golly I needed some wine. I get there and the kids are all talking, I don't know who to pay attention to first. You have Jaxon playing around with a ball and a mini hockey stick, Colton sitting on the hall stand whispering jibberish, Dominic and Justin running upstairs to set up the NES and baby Carter just waking up from his nap looking so darn friggen cuuuuuute. Cute doesn't even describe it. First I go to baby Carter then the other boys follow suit. Colton's so cute. He's the eldest of the 3, trying for attention because Jaxon is always sick (knocking on wood that he doesn't get sick again) and Carter was just born in December. Makes me smile .. especially since Jack (don't forget that's my boyfriend) is Colton's FAVOURITE. It used to be me ... when Colton was born, my sister and my brother in law lived with me and our parents. So I was around Colton night and day. They eventually moved out, bought a house then I didn't see them as often. Jack came around and Colton grew up and now Jack is his favourite. It's adorable seeing them play together. Really is enjoyable.

Before I get carried away blogging about how cute my nephews are and how great my family is.. let's get back to the purpose of blogging: accountability.
As for food I snacked on some whole wheat (as if that makes a difference) nacho chips, dip, wine. For dinner we had lasagna - mom made a separate one with veggie burgers cut up, browned with garlic and onion and then layered like a regular lasagna. I also had 1/2 breaded chicken with a broccoli / cheese filling. I didn't make it, although I wish I had! This was store bought and so so soo good. I also snacked on some lightly salted chips and my homemade dip with greek yogurt. I'll post the recipe shortly in a separate blog. It's incredibly simple - isn't it Kristina?

I'm going to try and post everyday and if not then definitely every other day. I just hate that my laptop doesn't turn on. I want to blog so badly at home! Guess I'm in the market for a new laptop or maybe I'll get a desktop. Who knows.. stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide