Skip to main content

Flippity Flop

You remember that feeling of having to go up on stage when you were a kid in a stupid costume and having to say some lines in front of a huge audience? That gut wrenching feeling of being slightly embarrassed and afraid? That's me right now.

Today I started work early to leave early and go to the optometrist. I have to do a visual field test - it's a test where a technician shines a bright light in your peripherals to diagnose and/or monitor glaucoma. I'm terrified. I don't know what to expect and I literally asked everyone if they have ever done this test.. nope, nope and nope. There's not one person out there that can tell me what to expect? According to statistics not a lot of young people have glaucoma so that's probably why my circle of friends haven't had this test. But hey, if they ever get it done they can come to me.

I'm going to keep myself distracted.

Speaking (or more so blogging) about distractions here's a good one, Jack and I received notice that the lady who owns our condo wants to SELL. So we have to move by the end of August otherwise we'll be living in a hotel or with one of our parents.. For this reason, I've cancelled August long weekend at the cottage - which I planned months and months ago - :( because you have to be responsible right? Both of us have to stay focused, do our research, book appointments, pre mortgage approval etc..

Did I also forget to mention that Jack quit drinking?
Let that sink in.

One of my dear drinking buddies hasn't had the sauce in 2 weeks. And it's in perfect timing - Patio season! Then again, since we have to move, we have to save our finances and one of our social hobbies used to be drinking so this works in our favour.

Did I also forget to mention that as of yesterday I decided to quit too?
I'm not a nice drunk anymore and having that feeling of knowing how you hurt someone's feelings isn't so great. Plus, sleeping in and wasting a day isn't my jam anymore. I'm over it. Time to grow up, save money and own a home!

... which I should probably search some places right now. Stay tuned!
PS: Almost at 3L and it's only 2:30 pm!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...