Skip to main content

The adventure has started

Yet again, I'm starting this lifestyle change. This time around, I'm not doing anything too drastic. Just minor, easy changes that I can work into my lifestyle:

1. No drinking during the week - ultimately I want to cut out alcohol period but let's be real, it's summer and every weekend I have a social gathering. Or maybe I should start being a dick to my friends, then I won't be invited to anything. Or I guess I could start saying no..

2. "Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like a Pauper" - This is the smartest way to live. Just think - you go to bed, sleep for 6-8 hours (and your body is fasting during this time) and you should wake up hungry. During the day you need to energy to function aka through carbohydrates and as night time arrives, you really shouldn't be eating a ton because you are preparing your body for rest, not functionality. This would make my life so much easier! Smoothie for dinner... but yet I would have to wake up much earlier to have a good, solid meal for breakfast.

3. Drink. MORE. Water. I remember when I did the container system of the 21 Day Fix in combination with working out, I lost inches and starting to become really toned - not toned enough by my standards but enough for me to physically see a change and others around me. Then as usual, fell off the wagon and repeated this cycle a few times. Fml. So as for water I'd like to aim for 6L a day. And in combination with water, I've also been trying to drink water instead of grabbing food. Anytime I'm "hungry" I'll take a sip of water or chug some and if I'm still hungry, I'll consume something.

So that's that. Here's an update on what I've been eating lately

My gorgeous and delicious spread I put together for mama b's birthday on Sunday. 
Top picture: Kolbassa, oka and brie cheese, various crackers and a few grapes
Bottom left: Homemade guacamole with crackers
Bottom right: LIVERWURST omg yum and crackers. 

Popcorn chicken bites (and BBQ sauce) - they took too long to make and it turned into tossing them around (all together) in protein powder and then bread crumbs. Too time consuming and messy to make little nuggets - and I would say I used about 3 large boneless chicken breasts. There are some DELICIOUS ones but some are gross. Which I definitely should have expected. 

Tuna salad with dill. Fresh dill is literally the best thing life can offer (food wise) I put this stuff on and in everything. I even made some roasted potatoes last night and yep, coated the potatoes with dill (with some fresh lime juice too) and it was heavenly.

First I had a salad for lunch and then my stomach told me "eat more Anna" so I had 1/2 this portion - leftovers from last night: steamed green beans, roasted potatoes (lime juice, dill and paprika) and pork tenderloin in a mushroom gravy sauce. 

Now I feel like a sloth. 
You know that feeling when you know you should stop eating but you don't simply because the food is just too good? Yes, that was me and now I'm just like, blah. 

So here's to day 1. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Trying not to get too sick =(

Don't hate me but I did not log my food this week. Trust me, you don't even want to know. Just assume the worst. I told myself I wasn't going to go to the gym or eat healthy and guess what - it was a complete success! Now it's Monday and I am whole heartedly dedicated to getting back to my usual self. Except there's one problem: I'm catching a cold. With that being said, I am so thankful I had a day to meal prep before this sickness gets any worse. Last night I made my 98% shepherd's pie (thanks Kristina 😊 ) with Yves original ground round, julienne carrots and frozen mixed vegetables. Mashed potatoes I added greek yogurt, butter and a splash of almond milk (as seen in the picture below). Kristina, Christine and some green Strong bow.  A reminder to self. Even though I'm feeling a bit under the weather I'm still going to continue this healthy lifestyle and make the necessary changes to build a stronger me - inside and out...