Skip to main content

Goals

Every day I try to accomplish mini goals.

Today isn't just a regular day. Not like any other day.. no no no. It's a family get together. Family get togethers are like "it's someone's birthday you can have a little" "it's a celebration, have some wine / booze it would be a sin not to" "why aren't you having any of my birthday cake? So rude. Just a sliver!" Etc. I am thankful that my family understands and respects my choices of lifestyle. Not every family does. And some people just don't have the self control / will power. I get that. I've been down that road many times. And this is why I make mini goals.

With that being said, today I propose to you my mini goals and then I will blog by the end of the night (or tomorrow) if I achieved them and what exactly happened...

1. Complete Speed 1.0
2. Reach 10,000 steps (even though my goal is 13,000.. usually on weekends I barely make it to 7,000)
3. Stay low carb
4. ACTUALLY HAVE JUST A SLIVER OF BIRTHDAY CAKE.
Four mini goals.

Warning! Do not read the next little bit if you have low self control for sweets!!!

I'm just going to go into detail about my sisters birthday request. My mom makes this insanely, fantasting, amazing, mouth watering delight of an ice cream cake. It's absolute heaven when it touches your lips. Friends that are allergic to chocolate (how do they live) even give in to this cake and pay for it later.

Bottom layer is a beautiful cookie crumb. Next layer (I'm not 100% of the order but it is a combo of these layers) is chocolate ice cream. Next layer CHOCOLATE. Like just melted chocolate. This cake takes time. Freezing then adding a layer then freezing and then another layer and frig it's just soooo good. Getting carried away here.. next layer vanilla ice cream and of course another layer of chocolate and lastly ... cappuccino ice cream!!! Oh and then a drizzle of chocolate and I think she sprinkles on some sort of topping .. might just be the cookie crumb but I haven't had it in so long so I'm having a hard time remembering. But guys, trust me ... you haven't had ice cream cake (PROPERLY) until you've had mom's.

---------
People who don't have self control!! You can read now :)
Bye. I'm done. Just kidding.

Speaking of desserts I'm currently eating a mini breakfast of 1/2 protein bar. Just a couple bites so my stomach isn't growling as I'm dying during another workout. Yay for double days! Today guess who's joining me? My mom. Yes. I warned her of the intensity. Speed 1.0 isn't that bad. Like you go hard then it's a minute of stretching then you go hard for 2-3 minutes then stretching out the related muscle group. It's not my favourite workout but it beats lower focus. Anywho, I'll be writing again later so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...