Skip to main content

V-Day meets Aunt Flow

It's Valentine's Day! And you know what that means? AUNT FLOW DECIDED TO INVITE HERSELF TO THE PARTY. No yay. Booo.

Aunt flow is being a D-bag to me today, a royal, painful D-bag.  I took one look at my calendar (in my phone because that's where I normally plan my workouts) and I see Speed 1.0 and total body circuit. Nope. Not going to happen. This is the second week of Focus T 25 I messed up IN A ROW. I should be killing my third week but no, life happens or I give in. So I've decided to still do a double day but at least start my day off slow. Meeting a friend for noon for a 2 hour walk, then come home and start roasting some vegetables.

Valentine's Day is just like any other day. It's not a reason to cheat. It's just a day of wearing red as far as I'm concerned. Not to sound like a b*tch but people should be embracing every day with their loved ones. Yeah it's nice to get chocolate on occasions but it should be eaten with a cheat meal not "oh em gee. Flowers and chocolate for me wowwwzzers". "He must really love me" . Honestly it makes woman look a certain way. That we are the more romantic. We want materialist junk. We want our men to bow down to us as we are the queen. "This day is all about me". What do the men get? Oh wait. Is "steak and BJ day" still a thing? Why doesn't hallmark celebrate that? I don't see that celebration day in the dollar store.

Although this blog entry started off about women, it's going to end with men and be dedicated to every man out there. I cheers you for your solid good work. Keeping up with your woman's crap. For everything she says, does, and although she may not appear to appreciate you - she does. She may just forget to tell or show you but she does. This is for you fellas.



Anywho here's how my day and night unfolded.
Daytime: everything was making me angry. Literally everything. All I wanted to do was go for a walk and drink some wine. Guess which one happened? Yep the wine. I started to feel guilty while toasting my vegetables so in between I would run on the spot or do jumping jacks.

Next blog I'll talk about my low carb shepherds pie. I have yet to taste it because for a Valentine's Day treat we had pizza. And it was so so soooooo good. There are leftovers and it's taking everything in me not to eat them. Especially because I just woke up and I'm hungry.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...