Skip to main content

HUZZAH! I exercised. 🙌🏻

I usually don't count walking as exercising but because I've felt so low earlier, today I'll make an exception.

I knew I was going to have some "bad" food tonight so I decided to go for a walk. Plus it clears my mind. Jack picked me up from a plaza and took me to the food court of our nearby mall. Choices include: KFC, McDonalds, Manchu Wok, Mr Sub, some Thai place (I can't remember the name because we never go there) and Bourbon St Grill.. needless to say we got Bourbon. I had combo #3- Rice or noodles with (1) veggie and (2) types of chicken.
My choice: rice, broccoli, Bourbon chicken and honey glazed chicken - it was delicious! And just what I needed on my last cheat meal for awhile.

I also had poutine for lunch. I didn't meal prep this week and I think that's partly the reason why I feel so lost and out of control. I've lost touch with my routine and I'm not good with change- makes me go nuts. I'm definitely going to make use of my Fridays from now on and meal prep those days so I have meals on the weekend and lunches and weeknight dinners. NO EXCUSES.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...