Skip to main content

April 19 2017

Whaddup? Sorry been MIA again. A lot has been happening and it really grinds my gears that I can't share it on my blog. Let's just say something great is to come and once it's 100 % then I can share the news. As for this week - I haven't had any days where I did my IF - I'm literally always hungry. I haven't really been documenting my food because I've been all over the place but Easter weekend I was a bad ass bitch and drank Friday, Saturday, Sunday and had a couple of brewskis on Monday. I was even WEARING the beer because Ashly knocked over her beer which made it's way to my lap.. all over my new adidas leggings too - mama biss treated me and got some awesome dri fit leggings from.... drum roll please... COSTCO! $25 and I love them. Only comes in 2 colours though - blue and my favourite colour (coral) - Jack won't be too pleased about that. 

So as for nutrition and workout yesterday:
Nutrition / meals:
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: Green tea, leftover lean beef/ couscous/ broccoli and peppers
Dinner (went to parents): leftovers from Easter dinner + (2) glasses of white wine, bean chips and guacamole

Workout:
40 minute walk 


Today I woke up at 4:30 am! Conquered my abdomen this morning with 200 crunches and then headed over to the gym with Jack - holy crap you would think he was a woman in his last life - he took so long to get ready PLUS he had to have a morning coffee. Good news: we live pretty close to the gym so even after stopping for a coffee we were there by 5:40 am so I got in an hour and a bit for my workout this morning.

I wanted to focus on upper body and most importantly my triceps and biceps. They are pretty weak.. Last week I was introduced to the weight section by my friend Jacqueline so I pretty much copied last weeks workout of: bicep curls, teapot dips, standing chest press (this would be my second time using the straight bar)  and the familiar side crunches and front raises. I didn't complete the total number of sets because I started to get bored.. lol. And it's killing me how far behind I am with my steps. But I just have to keep reminding myself that cardio burns muscle and right now I want those muscle gains!


Like I said, I've been up since 4:30 am and currently it's 1:48 pm and I'm legit feeling it. Well I was anyways. I already had my dose of pre workout. I'm totally energized and awake but like I said above, I don't want to focus on cardio .. plus I did 40 minutes yesterday and already 45 minutes today. Good news by the way: 9649 is my current step count. Wowzers. By the end of the work day I should be past 10K. 

This is some good pre workout. Ahhh! I could conquer the world. But really - it's my lunch, what should I be doing right now? Oh yes, update on nutrition too!
Meals for today
Breakfast (post workout) kashi seven grain bar - chocolate chia seed
Post breakfast: 1/2 banana, 1/2 plain bagel with cream cheese 
Snack/lunch: leftover beef/ veggies / couscous (same as yesterday) with pre workout and tons of water. 

Tonight Jack's mom is taking us out for dinner - I already know what I'm getting because I'm pretty sure where we will end up: Steak with seasonal veggies + cesar salad. But my mood might change to a chicken cesar salad. Either way I am NOT getting pizza or pasta. Will keep you posted! Stay tuned.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide