Skip to main content

Oh hello

Hey there stranger, it's been awhile, hasn't it? I don't even know where to begin!! It feels nice and calm that my head is screwed in and I don't want it to EXPLODE.

The speech went great. It was short and sweet - Jack went off his speech and did an amazing job. I was really impressed, his was pretty sweet. We were a bit taken a back because there was no podium. Jack wrote his speech on his phone.. so it was a bit weird for him but so did a couple other people. Actually one, it was one other person and it was Jamaal's family member so Jack shouldn't feel awkward or anything. YAY! Christine is married. I'm so happy for her. She has the whole week off - lucky goose. Then again, today is my Friday. Tomorrow is good friday so that's a day off but because I usually have fridays off, I get a lieu day so I GET MONDAY OFF TOO!!! Major smiles up in here.
So lets get this show on the road shall we?

Okay so this is what happens when you forget your protein shake at work for almost a week. There's two layers. Can you guess what the green layer is? I'll give you a hint, there's no way no money in the world that would make me drink that layer. I took courses in biology and microbiology and it wasn't going to matter the temperature of that shake - there was going to be a colony of bacteria growing in there. I contemplated dumping the shake out and washing it. That was literally for a split second. That smell would make me hurl. I also noticed my shake on Monday.. Christine got married on SUNDAY so I was already pretty hungover. I obviously tossed the whole shaker. Good news: I have an empty one in the cupboard at work. Reminder to self - take that home today!


It probably seems like I walk the same route every time in the morning or on lunch, which I do but I really REALLY enjoy taking pictures of spring. It's so pretty and 'natural' I can't not take a picture. I'm a force of habit / routine. I also took a picture of this because I wanted to get back in touch with accountability. I obviously skipped Monday therefore I made it my goal not to skip Tuesday, Wednesday or the rest of the week for that matter. It may be a long weekend and possibly a cheat weekend but God will be my witness - I am going to work out! 


Tuesday's dinner. Pre dinner I had salt and pepper twice baked chicken wings (not breaded and definitely not sauced) they were delicious. The taste was nostalgic - like my mom used to make this pork and I can't remember what it's called but it's kind of fatty and extra crispy. It's an amazing taste - even though it's kind of bad for you but whatever, everything in moderation right? At this point I was kind of full from just the wings and celery but I worked out like CRAZY with my friend Jacquline (teapot dips, lifting the 20 lb straight bar above my head 65 x and bicep curls + 90 minutes of straight cardio) so I figured I should eat MORE. Carb up right? It was pasta Tuesday at Boston Pizza so I had: penne noodles, alfredo sauce, bacon, chunks of chicken, tomato, spinach and red pepper - I ate half the pasta and the whole piece of garlic toast. Delicious is an under statement for this meal.


The amount of cardio I did while waiting for Jacquline. Walked in the morning, then on my lunch break and then while waiting for her. 


This will sound girly and I'm not usually a girls girl (although I used to be) I really really love the look of long nails. They may not be long to a lot of people but I usually peel my nails off so I have next to no nail. And might I add - I think I have the smallest fingers ever. When I find a ring that fits me I tend to hold onto it. Rings in stores are generally sizes 7-10. My ring finger is a 4-4.5 and all my fingers are about 5... Is there some sort of store I'm missing out on? 


It feels AMAZING that I finally have a clean meal today. I haven't meal prepped in what feels like forever. Leading up to the wedding I was stress eating and honestly, I didn't even care. I would go to the gym once or twice a week and walk during my lunch but I knew in my heart that wasn't nearly enough because I was probably eating twice (or maybe 3 x) what I should have been eating and working out was not cancelling out the food. Nope. Not one bit. So this picture features ground lean beef, garlic and herb (mrs dash) couscous - and it's salt free! And the broccoli I tossed it in sesame oil, garlic, onion powder and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. What isn't seen here is the peppers I roasted as well - mixed yellow and orange peppers with EVOO and salsa - YUMMY. Might I say to give it a try? I think next time I do a wing night I'm going to marinade the wings in salsa / EVOO and onion powder (and obviously garlic).

I'm happy today. I'm going to write another blog. Stay tuned.
ps: Have a great day. 
pps: forgot I'm back at it in the morning for my abdomen. Yesterday was 200 crunches =)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is. - cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups - leftover quesadilla filling - 1/2 avocado - 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt - roughly tblsp of fresh dill - small handful of shredded old cheese Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion). Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked. I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it. Recent

Boxing!!

Do you ever get so ticked off you just want to punch something? Me too. All the damn time. Sometimes I'll even punch the wall.. no, not smart at all but it happens. A friend has been going to Boxing lessons for about a month now (I think) and I always wanted to join but I'm extremely terrified - I'm mostly afraid my form will be incorrect and it will be a one on one experience. Other than that, I'm absolutely pumped! I really hope I enjoy myself because I hear boxing is an INSANE WORKOUT. There's been a Groupon for this place since forever, I always saw it being recommended to me on my account and I figure - about time. I better get my ass in gear! If I learn the proper form and enjoy it, I'm 100 % sure I'm going to get a dummy or a punching bag and start punching when I'm angry. I already checked out prices - expensive - of course for the good quality and cheap for crappy bags that will break in no time. I hope it's all upper body though and n

Today is going to be great

I was supposed to finish up this post yesterday. So the title 'Today is going to be great' was about March 16 aka yesterday. And the beauty of writing a blog about a previous day is that you can say what went right or wrong. Update: it was a great day. I still have yet to make it to the gym but I did make it a goal that one way or another I was going to get my steps, and I did. I will describe this later. Here is my food journal: For a morning snack (after my raisin bran muffin) I had a bag of salad. In the morning I'll pack romaine, croutons and dressing - in a separate container - then add the dressing to the bag itself and shake it like it's no ones business. It's genius really. Every leaf has an even coat and call me crazy but I think it just tastes better. Yesterday I used ranch dressing. My favourite meal made by mama biss - basmati rice with chicken, peaches, plum tomatoes and I added steamed broccoli. It's legit perfection. I have no ide