Skip to main content

Dill Avocado Pasta Salad

Remember those leftovers from the quesadillas? I found a use for them. I would like to call this a scramble of leftovers with fresh dill, yogurt and avocado - because that's pretty much what it is.

- cooked noodles (I used penne - roughly 2 cups
- leftover quesadilla filling
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- roughly tblsp of fresh dill
- small handful of shredded old cheese

Combine all and eat. I swear I didn't use a lot of dill but using the fresh stuff, it really comes through. And I just LOVE dill... it's the best. It's the tastiest herb (in my opinion).

Staring at my lunch this morning - before I combined the ingredients I was thinking to myself "what the fck Anna. What were you thinking this looks absurd. Good luck". Especially since the avocado was turning brown.. it was very unappetizing and then one bite and I was hooked.

I'm glad I didn't give this to Jack. I don't think he would have liked it.

Recently I have been combining simple ingredients and I'm shocked I'm doing such a great job. The power of cooking without a wine glass in your hand.. go figure right?
Now for tonight I'm thinking of doing the same mac n' cheese sauce but with lactose free cheese and putting the sauce with a bit of tomato like a light half / half sauce on top of spaghetti squash. Either that or I'll make a salad.

I made my own salad dressing last night - hope it tastes good. It was a combination of avocado, greek yogurt, fresh lemon juice, dill (fresh as well), minced garlic, onion powder and EVOO. Wish me luck and stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

Exhausted.

I am definitely feeling the after affects of eating crappy foods. Do you ever feel oddly tired? Especially since you're well rested and haven't over worked your body..? That's me right now. Although it's not odd at all. I noticed when I eat foods that have little to zero nutritional value my body reacts in a sluggish state. Over the weekend I indulged to a point where I just feel exhausted. I'm staring at the computer blogging and I can barely keep my eyes open . It's lunch time thank goodness so I could take a nap if I wanted to. However, that would be such a tease to my eyes and mental state. Today started off super frustrating as my co-worker did not show up. Generally Monday's are insanely busy. The office is closed on Fridays so we have messages from Thursday evening all the way up until Sunday night. The number of messages ranges between 20-40 and usually 30 (or so) fax messages. Returning those messages alone while having the phones ringing in ...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...