Skip to main content

Leave in conditioner

Saturday rolls around and I have been dying to check out this new gym - it's in between my house and my work so I thought it would be perfect since Jack is working on Saturday (starting at 8:00 am and the gym opens at 7:00 am) so he would drive me there and I could check it out! 

We get there and see signs for "GoodLife parking" but we could not locate which way the arrow was pointing. I swear I felt like the stupidest basic b*tch of life. Was I missing something? Was there a hidden sign that I just couldn't see or are my eyes failing me. Mind you I haven't had them tested in a good 6 years.. We circled around a couple of times until Jack was fed up (and so was I) so he dropped me off at the main doors and I went in. 

It's 7:15 am and Aqua Fit doesn't start until 9:00 am. No biggie. I haven't been to the gym in so long it was good I went and got a good work out in. Did minor machines for my lower and upper body then walked around the track before getting my swim suit on. 

Most of the time I LOVE OLD PEOPLE. 
But this cranky ass woman called out my friend and I when we opened the doors to access the pool "Excuse me ladies you have to shower before entering the pool". 

I take one look at her (as I'm fcking DRIPPING) "I did. Can't you see I'm dripping water and I'm wet?!". Like there's no need to give the tudes early on a Saturday morning. Just have fun with it and remain positive. SMH.

I don't understand why people have such negative energy. Anyways this blog is not dedicated to some crank. This blog is meant to be about leave in conditioner. 

Did I fail to get the memo on how you put it in your hair? Usually when I go to the gym I'll murder the workout then get my shoes on and head home to shower there. So I wasn't prepared when my friend was like 'Anna I have an extra towel are you going to shower. I have all the stuff' and I'm like alright cool. I didn't want to wash my hair because y'know blow drying and make up prep takes awhile so instead I spray this leave in conditioner. 

The next day my hair is like a rock. I couldn't tell if I forgot I got food in my hair or it's this leave in conditioner. My hair is hard, sticky and just feels weird. It feels like a wig. Am I missing something? Did I put it in wrong? Too much? Too little? I have leave in conditioner at home but now I'm afraid to use it after this. I guess I'm not just a fitness noob but also a hygiene noob. I feel so pathetic. Lol. 
I'll be back to blog later. It's Monday. My intern didn't show up so I have a lot to do. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...