Skip to main content

HOW?

So as of Tuesday I have had an intern with me. She's twice my age, married with a child and English is her second language. None of the above information is a problem with me. I'm a very VERY patient person.

Her hours are 9:00 am to 1:30 pm. During this time I eat at least twice and I feel like I'm always urinating. When I come into the office, I pretty much chug my 25 oz bottle of water.. obviously I pee a lot when I'm at work. My intern on the other hand does not get up once. So I ask HOW?

How is someone able to go 4.5 hours without having food? I feel like a beast. FEEL! Not look. *chuckles to self* I am like always hungry - hence why I drink a lot of water (to make sure I'm actually hungry and not just thirsty).

How can someone go 4.5 hours without having to use the washroom facilities? I know everyone was built differently but either she has the largest bladder (or whatever) or she's holding that stuff in. And she must have the slowest metabolism OR she has a super sized portion of breakfast. Wait. last OR. OR... Maybe she's well trained to fast. That's some extreme training / will power right there.

Next blog will be my nutrition / fitness diary. (and I had my cheat meal). Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

Exhausted.

I am definitely feeling the after affects of eating crappy foods. Do you ever feel oddly tired? Especially since you're well rested and haven't over worked your body..? That's me right now. Although it's not odd at all. I noticed when I eat foods that have little to zero nutritional value my body reacts in a sluggish state. Over the weekend I indulged to a point where I just feel exhausted. I'm staring at the computer blogging and I can barely keep my eyes open . It's lunch time thank goodness so I could take a nap if I wanted to. However, that would be such a tease to my eyes and mental state. Today started off super frustrating as my co-worker did not show up. Generally Monday's are insanely busy. The office is closed on Fridays so we have messages from Thursday evening all the way up until Sunday night. The number of messages ranges between 20-40 and usually 30 (or so) fax messages. Returning those messages alone while having the phones ringing in ...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...