Skip to main content

Trying not to get too sick =(

Don't hate me but I did not log my food this week. Trust me, you don't even want to know. Just assume the worst. I told myself I wasn't going to go to the gym or eat healthy and guess what - it was a complete success!

Now it's Monday and I am whole heartedly dedicated to getting back to my usual self. Except there's one problem: I'm catching a cold. With that being said, I am so thankful I had a day to meal prep before this sickness gets any worse.

Last night I made my 98% shepherd's pie (thanks Kristina 😊 ) with Yves original ground round, julienne carrots and frozen mixed vegetables. Mashed potatoes I added greek yogurt, butter and a splash of almond milk (as seen in the picture below).





Kristina, Christine and some green Strong bow. 


A reminder to self. Even though I'm feeling a bit under the weather I'm still going to continue this healthy lifestyle and make the necessary changes to build a stronger me - inside and out. Not just inside mentally but organs as well. I would absolutely HATE to develop organ issues that could be avoided due to proper exercise and nutrition. 

So far I haven't had much of an appetite. Which I can't stand because I love food. And I'm just not hungry. I've already had (3) 25 oz bottles of water and for lunch the shepherd's pie. I decided to stay in instead of a walk on my lunch break because I don't want the weather to make me even more sick. Ughhh I need to get some bananas - did you know they are great in building a strong immune system? 

Before I forget - time for some weekly goals:
1. 10K steps per day (my usual goal is 13K but I don't want to push myself if I'm getting sick)
2. Appreciate another part of my body (again, thanks Kristina)
3. NOT to do cardio everyday and focus more on weights at the gym. 

That last one is going to be tough. Especially since I'm pretty competitive with those fitbit challenges. Wish me luck! Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. You're welcome
    And
    You're welcome!!! ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...