Skip to main content

PRE-WORKOUT


Pre-workout. 
I may be in need of some. It's just past 1:30 pm - my lunch break and I generally go for a walk but since last week I decided that cardio and my steps are no longer important to me. My focus is mostly on weights (and healthy eating obviously) with very minimal cardio. 

In my last post I went on and on and on about waking up so damn early. And now I'm starting to feel like the day is going on too long and my body is getting into a mild daze. I have this pre workout staring at me as I type this blog. It's by the company "Femme Fit" called - lean amino energy - it's pink lemonade flavour. I got this because I read about amazing reviews. 

Just kidding. 
I didn't read shit. I picked it up one day when I was in Winners and noticed 2 things - High in B12 and CLEARANCE. And I was sold. I'm not one to drink coffee (very rarely does it do anything to me) so that was out of the picture. I started off with 1/2 dose because I lurked another blog on how someone said MOST pre workouts make your lips quiver or numb - like what the shit is that about? Kind of freaked me out so here I am being a wuss doing 1/2 doses.. finally got the courage for a full dose and it did nothing. Nothing weird anyways - definitely perked me  up though! As long as I stay hydrated I'm good.  


So here's a picture of the goods
Green coffee (apparently known to help you lose weight)
CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid (diet and energy)
Aminos - Protein
Caffeine - do I really have to define this?

0 grams of Sugar. 
However on the backside it contains sucralose. Any of the ingredients ending in "-ose" = a sugar. Always, always read the ingredient label.

44% iron
This is great for women especially during their menstrual cycle. If you aren't taking a multivitamin, iron pills or getting the sufficient amount of iron somehow - you start to feel it and I do not like that feeling. So on my period I take a bit extra of this - kill 2 birds with one stone, right? AM I RIIIIGHT?

Anywho - after this is done I'm going to buy a new pre workout and keep testing them out until I find one that works best for me. Recommendations requested!! Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleeping.

I feel like I've always taken advantage of sleep. The power of sleep - not one of life's wonders. You get a good night sleep, you're able to function properly the next day. I never truly appreciated the act of sleep until last night. I'm in bed roughly by 9 pm maybe 9:30 pm and I'm a light sleeper. (perfect mom quality might I add) Jack on the other hand goes to bed around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. He admitted he has FOMO - F ear O f M issing O ut but in regards to TV / Facebook videos so he's up watching something so that's the reason why he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me. Well last night the Leaf game was on - and I can only assume that they lost because I didn't hear any screaming at the TV then again I didn't hear anger either and Jack's pretty loud when it comes to Leaf games (major hockey fan). I only heard around 11:19 pm that he was heading to bed. And then the loud breathing started. I can't really tell if it'...

The snow has come...

It's April 7, 2017 and it's snowing. There isn't a lot of snow that is staying on the ground but what the actual fck - it's snowing in Spring! Today I scheduled a walk on one of the most gorgeous trails in the east end and now I don't think we will go. We are both somewhat of clutzy people and snow can sometimes make you slip and thus fall - nu uh. Not today. Guess what?! Two of the weights are off my shoulders! I not only finished my speech but I also found my swim suit. It was hidden in a mountain of summer clothes - eek - probably summer clothes that don't even fit. Time to get my ass in gear! So that's that, yay I'm happy that I found my bathing suit. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit hectic. This may not seem like a lot for you but it is for me. The plan: wake up, get ready, pack my bag for a slumber party, have the bridesmaid dress by the door (could you imagine if I forgot that?!), SHAVE MY LEGS omg the dress is long bu...

Rant on perfumes / cologne

Found this rant in my iPhone notebook: Ladies. Why do you bathe in perfume? Some men do it too but I had to bring it up for a little rant because I was just outside walking to the bus stop and all I could smell was perfume and I was still 10 or 15 steps away. There was a woman waiting in the shelter. Decked out as if she was going downtown to pick up an older man in the financial district. Either that or she works in a top notch hair salon... I can't even make a joke properly because my head is still fuzzy from that smell. When I am in a closed space and someone sprays perfume (an abundance of it) I get light headed accompanied by a headache. It's not fun at all. I'm not the only one either which is the reason why most gym change rooms have signs not allowing perfumes to be sprayed. Same with certain departments in the hospital. Nurses shouldn't wear perfume because of the contact with some patients. Anyways, all I'm saying is - even though YOU can't ...